With the onset of the pandemic, the only other thing as virulent as the virus itself has been unemployment. People have lost jobs all across the country, and with soaring prices and EMIs to have to pay, people are increasingly worried.
Bearing in mind the worries of the people, the Centre has announced the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin which aims to benefit the poor in rural areas by creating more than 78 lakh employment opportunities.
By generating employment opportunities, the poor have a chance of getting a house for themselves in rural areas and have a roof over their heads, even in such trying times.
About the scheme
The Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana is a social welfare scheme created by the Indian government for the people of India. The main objective of the scheme is to offer housing opportunities to the people of India. Considering how housing is a basic need but is so hard to get around, the government decided to intervene and offer financial assistance to the poor who barely make enough to make ends meet and for whom housing is nothing more than a pipedream.
The aim of the scheme is to offer pucca houses in three years to the poor of the nation. The scheme aims to move the people living in dilapidated kutcha houses into more robust and concrete pucca houses.
How to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana?
- The first step includes visiting the official website of the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas yojana https://pmayg.nic.in/netiay/home.aspx.
- On the homepage, see the option “Data entry”.
- PMAY Gramin online application login will be displayed on the screen.
- The user name will be seen on the panchayat and block level and will be registered with the help of passwords. After login, the user name can be changed at your convenience. The same goes for the password as well.
- There will be four options on PMAY online login, PMAY-G online application, second residence verification or photo taken by you, downloading the acceptance letter, preparing an order sheet for the fourth FTO.
- The applicant has to go through all these four steps to successfully register oneself.
- After filling in all information on the beneficiary registration and after selecting the head, the applicant has to provide all information about himself/herself.
Important documents needed for application
The main list of documents that need to be produced to apply under the PMAY-G are as follows:
- Aadhaar number
- Bank account details
- Document of consent to use Aadhaar on behalf of the applicant
- MGNREGA-registered beneficiary job card number
- Applicant’s Swachh Bharat mission number
Summing it up
In order to make sure that the application goes through well, these steps have to be followed. With such innovative schemes in place, more people will end up having a roof over their heads and they will not have to worry about living conditions anymore. Such schemes will drastically improve the housing situation of the poor, thereby opening avenues for them for a better life.