The position of women in a regressive Indian society has faced a lot of challenges. With lack of education leading to a lack of opportunities, women end up being reliant on their parents or spouses, thereby contributing to a restrained life. Financial freedom is essential at offering women an equal position in society and this thought has led to the idea of Bhagyalakshmi Yojana.
Objective of this scheme
The primary objective of the Bhagyalakshmi scheme is to discourage female infanticide and encourage poor families to raise daughters and not be so averse to raising and educating daughters.
Features of the scheme
Due to the implementation of this scheme, the following is said to be achieved:
- Bhagyalakshmi yojana will reduce the sex ratio gap
- Bhagyalakshmi scheme will increase the standard of living of girls, leading to financial independence
- Families below the poverty line will get to benefit from the scheme as raising children becomes really difficult for them
- This scheme helps girls get the education
- The Uttar Pradesh government will give ₹50,000 to the girl’s mother and the government will also give ₹5,100 to the bank account of the applicant
- The scheme will be organized and implemented by the Women Welfare Department of the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- When the girl grows to the age of 21, she will receive ₹2 lakh.
Bhagyalakshmi Yojana is a great scheme for empowering women and establishing a more gender-equal society where women and men can both flourish and prosper and achieve financial independence.
Check out the video for Bhagyalakshmi Yojana