Times of crisis require governments to step up and take lead. While the people are facing issues due to a definitive loss of income, the government of Bihar introduced the Bihar Anganwadi Labharthi Yojana along with the Department of Social Welfare.
Anganwadi basically is a maternal and child care outing by the government and especially in trying times like these, these Anganwadis are stepping up to the crisis. Women from the below poverty line were, up until now, given meals and healthcare tips to get them safely through their pregnancy. However, in the light of the corona infection, the equivalent amount in lieu of the food will be paid to those women who have registered to the Bihar Anganwadi Labharti yojana online.
Beneficiaries primarily include children who are registered at Anganwadi centers, lactating women, and pregnant women.
Information needed to fill online application
- District name
- Project name
- Anganwadi name
- Husband’s name as per Aadhar card
- Wife’s name as per Aadhar card
- Category: whether the applicant belongs to General / backward, extremely backward / SC / ST
- Base number
- Mobile number
- Details of the account holder whose account will be linked to the profile for the monetary benefit to reach the applicant
- Bank branch IFSC
- Bank account number
- Details of the beneficiaries of Anganwadi
This is a great initiative as women who are pregnant at the moment will find it extremely hard to get by, especially when income is limited and their care can just not do well with any sort of compromise