What is a Customer Service Point?
A customer service point essentially is a mini bank. It basically offers all the facilities offered by a bank and you also get additional facilities through the Customer Service Centre. Through a Customer Service Point, an applicant can get through all financial duties and obligations and transactions like account opening and can even control the account with the utmost ease.
Eligibility a candidate/applicant must adhere to, to open a Customer Service Point
- The applicant must ideally be of 21 years and above
- The applicant’s educational qualification must be of matriculation or above
- The applicant must have good knowledge of computers and should have a fair understanding of how to navigate through the internet
- The applicant must have some capital to open a customer service point
- The applicant must be responsible and should turn up for work with due diligence
- The applicant must be dynamic and should posses a problem-solving mentality
- The applicant should hold no other job other than focusing on the management of the needs of the Customer Service Point.
Documents needed to open a Customer Service Point
- 10 passport size photos of the applicant
- Applicant’s educational qualification should be 10th or above
- PAN card needed
- Aadhaar card
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Shop agreement papers where the proprietor agrees to the opening of a Customer Service centre
- Character certificate/ Police verification letter/ police verification certificate/ Character certificate
What should be a basic facility in your Customer Service Point for it to be functional?
- The office should have a place where customers can reach out to your centre and get their banking doubts clarified
- There should be a designated seating or chairs offered to the visitors
- Electricity facility
- Laptop or desktop with a sound internet connection
- Printer – both colour and normal
- Web camera facility
- Fingerprint scanner for specific documents
What services can be availed from a Customer Service Point?
- Bank balance inquiry
- Money deposit
- Money withdrawal
- Account opening
- Money transfer to other banks
- Aadhaar enabled payment system
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana/Suraksha Bima Yojana
- Atal Pension scheme
In order to open a Banking CSP, one could tie up with a certified Financial Inclusion agent like Oxigen – as they have forayed into India’s largest bank, The State Bank of India in 2011.
One can tie up with Oxigen to become an Oxigen retailer and be appointed as Business Correspondents to the State Bank of India for carrying out banking transactions on behalf of the SBI.
All necessary technology is offered by Oxigen, including an Internet-enabled PC and it is extremely user-friendly. With such access to facilities, anyone can become a business correspondent and open a customer account at any Customer Service Point kiosk outlet.
Being a Business correspondent can be easy once the tie-up with a certified third party gets through. With the help of services rendered by the agency, setting up a Customer Service Point is easier and with the centre being set up, offering banking services to the rural-most areas of India thereby becomes possible.