Over the years, India has garnered quite a reputation for itself as a growing hub of entrepreneurs. With the number of “unicorns” popping up in the market, it would not be far-fetched to say that India currently is on an all-time high in terms of ease of doing business. To facilitate this upward swing, the Central government has initiated the Maadhyam portal registration 2021 for investors in the country.
The Maadhyam Portal has been launched as a National Single window system to help businesses flourish in the country in the most hassle-free manner. This system will help businesses find a platform to reach greater heights and offers investors information on pre-operations approvals which are required to commence a business in the country.
What essentially is the Maadhyam Portal?
The Maadhyam Portal is a one-stop-shop portal and a medium of convenient and efficient online Government-to-Business (G2B) services that are offered to entrepreneurs. This reduces the complexity in obtaining business information and services related to starting a company in India and deals with the maze of several licences and permits.
Maadhyam, therefore, is a portal where investors or entrepreneurs can identify, apply and obtain a certain sense of regulatory approvals and compliances as applicable under the Laws of India.
However, with all the convenience that the Maadhyam portal brings in, the final authority still lies with the Ministry or Department or State authorities and the internal process which is followed by the respective Ministries / Department / State.
Maadhyam Portal Registration and Login
- The first step is to visit the official website at https://ppe-nsws.maadhyam.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” tab which is present in the Main menu of the Maadhyam portal
- Then, the Maadhyam portal registration form for investors will appear as shown here
- Out there, the applicant will have to enter details like name, email ID, Mobile number, password and click on the “register” button to complete the Maadhyam portal registration process
- After completing the registration, the investors can log in to open the Maadhyam portal login page as shown here:
- On this page, the investor can enter an email ID, password and then click on the “login” tab to log in to the Maadhyam portal investors’ dashboard.
How does the Maadhyam portal help with the Ease of doing business?
Maadhyam portal facilitates domestic as well as global investors in getting over 560 types of regulatory approvals online which includes:
- Permission to start a fuel retail business
- Get a permanent exporter license
- Set up a unit at the Special Economic Zone – SEZ
- Register a copyright
- Start a power exchange
- Obtain a license to start a private security agency
Summing it up
Entrepreneurship should be encouraged in a country that aims to attain development in the long run. After all, a country that manages to offer ease of doing business to its entrepreneurs is a country that flourishes, brings in more international business, takes business overseas, and eventually does economically well for itself.