Property registrations can turn out to be quite a tedious process. There is usually a tonne of paperwork involved, alongside a lot of visits to this office and that. And while all of that may not be enough, there also is the availability of said personnel to look into. In order to ensure that the people face the least amount of hassle when it comes to property registrations, the Punjab government has come up with an interesting solution – NGDRS Portal.
The National Generic Document Registration system or the NGDRS portal has been made to help citizens get through online property registration with utmost ease; with just a few clicks on their computers.
The NGDRS Portal registration/login for citizens
- Visit the official website of the NGDRS scheme at https://igrpunjab.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on the “Register” tab under the “Citizen” section on the left side
- Online citizen registration form for Property, Land, Stamp Duty and Registry will appear as follows
- On this page, candidates would have to enter the contact person’s name, ID details, address details and username, password and then finally click on the “Submit” button to complete the property, stamp duty and registration and land registration process.
- Once the candidates manage to log in, they would have to login once again on the page
- Here, the candidates will have to enter their username, password, OTP and “Sign in” to start the session.
Salient features of the NGDRS portal
There are several benefits that come to light with the implementation of the NGDRS scheme and some of them are mentioned herewith:
- NGDRS provides registration services to citizens, registration departments and several of its allies
- Various services like property valuation, citizen portal, registration of properties, and appointments are provided on the website
- SMS/E-mail alerts are offered to citizens
- Dashboard view makes it easier to navigate the website for all stakeholders
- Fully configurable and customizable for any state-specific practices and purposes
- The website also introduces e-sign and biometric authentication to register to the process
- The website also offers a multilingual feature and offers a customizable workflow
- Time-bound services for citizens which include pre-appointments, document uploads, etc
- NGDRS facilitates integration for e-payments, land records, e-stamping and other databases
- Single sign-on for more ease
- Cloud enables for data backup
- Aadhaar authentication
Wrapping it up
The Punjab state government, ever since the implementation of the scheme, has managed to bring to light a lot of registrations, and people have embraced the website with both arms open. With property registrations now being manageable from the comforts of one’s house, especially with social distancing norms in place, is a boon in ways more than one.
Digitisation is finding its way across all sectors; one could call it a post-pandemic effect, or just the need of the hour and that of the modern world. However, digitising property registration is a much-awaited upgrade, and now with this scheme in place, more property registrations will happen effortlessly, thereby benefitting all stakeholders on the website in the long run.